Tuesday, 29 March 2016

Hajj allocation and fare for Niger State Pilgrims

The National Haji Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) has allocated a total of 3, 194 seats to Niger state for 2016 intending pilgrims, just as 2, 458 seats have been also allocated to the 25 local government councils in the state.
Consequently, a total of N855,000 is to be paid as the initial deposit from an intending pilgrim, pending the final pronouncement of the actual Hajj fare for the year by NAHCON and it must be by way of one certified Bank Draft payable to Niger State Pilgrims Welfare Commission.
The Chairman of the State’s Pilgrims Welfare Commission, Hon. Justice Jibrin Ndatsu Ndajiwo rtd. made this known in Minna on the occasion of allocation of 2016 Hajj seats to the local government areas of the state.
Ndajiwo said that 90 percent of the Hajj forms are to be sold to first timers, while the remaining 10 percent are for the officials and repeaters only.
The former Chief Judge of Niger state thereby enjoined the respective 25 local governments in the state to adhere strictly to the number of seats allocated to them, warning that the Commission will not entertain any form of excess collection of Hajj fare from any local government official.
He warned that whoever goes contrary to the procedural rule, is on his own and would be made to face the full wrath of the law.
He therefore stressed that Area Pilgrims Welfare Officers must remit 100 percent fare collected from pilgrims from their various local governments to the Commission on or before 5th April, 2016, highlighting that failure to pay as directed will be to reallocation of the unpaid seats to the local governments that have fully paid for the seats allocated and are in need of more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Opinion, comments
Email Us - mxcliq@gmail.com
Join our BBM Channel - C004286C0